Discussion of Learning Evidence

Appendix 1 – Communication
1.1 Reference Letter
A reference letter [redacted]. I worked as an Electronics Technician
from [redacted]. has spoken to my strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and indicated the importance of communicating with staff in this role.

1.2 Job Description for an Electronics Technician
This job description for an Electronics Technician was taken from the website. The job description states that the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing are essential to the job.

1.3 Reference Letter
A reference letter from [redacted], a photography client whose family I photographed many times. I owned and operated [redacted]. Through my many dealings with [redacted], she can speak to my communication skills via email, over the phone, and in person. She can attest that my communication skills helped put my clients at ease and contributed to a positive experience that shows in the resulting photographs.

Appendix 2 – Teamwork and Leadership
1.1 Reference Letter
A reference letter from [redacted], the [redacted]. I worked as an Electronics Technician. This letter speaks to my value as a member of the shop team.

This job description for an Electronics Technician was taken from the website The job description states the importance of working effectively with others (as part of a team).

2.1 Artwork from my daughter
This drawing was done by my youngest daughter. I’ve received many
drawings, much like this, from both of my daughters demonstrating that they look up to me as a role model and leader.

Appendix 3 – Information Gathering and Organization
3.1 Survey Questionnaire
I created a survey questionnaire to send to clients. The goal of the survey was to gather feedback from clients to improve my business and the service I provided. I owned and operated [redacted]. This survey demonstrates my ability to gather important information.

Appendix 4 – Problem Solving and Decision Making
1.1 Reference Letter
A reference letter from [redacted]. I worked as an Electronics Technician
[redacted]. This letter speaks to the high degree of problem-solving and decision-making involved in my job.

This job description for an Electronics Technician was taken from website . The job description states the importance of being able to think things through while diagnosing faults and repairing electronic equipment.

4.1 Spreadsheet of training courses I completed
This spreadsheet was put together by my supervisor and lists the training courses I completed while working as an electronics technician. I worked as an Electronics Technician. These courses all contributed to my ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions as they contributed to my knowledge base.

Appendix 5 – Numeracy
5.1 A photograph I took of a very important moment at a wedding ceremony
I took this photograph at the first wedding I shot. I captured the joy on the bride and groom’s face as they walked down the aisle for the first time as husband and wife. I owned and operated [redacted]. This photograph demonstrates my ability to make numerical decisions quickly, correctly, and while under pressure. The subjects were moving, and the photograph is sharp and in focus because of the quick adjustments I made to my camera.

Appendix 6 – Creative and Critical Thinking
1.1 Reference Letter
A reference letter [redacted]. I worked as an Electronics Technician. This letter speaks to the complex nature of the work I did, which required
critical thinking on my part.

6.1 An in-studio photograph taken using studio lighting
I took this photograph in-studio after learning how to use studio lighting through an online course. The strobe lights could sometimes fail but because I was able to think critically and
resolve technical issues, I was always able to operate my equipment during a session.

6.2 Sample of photographs from my photography project
I took a series of photographs to highlight the beauty in everyday moments. In doing so, I was pushed to think creatively and look at objects and people in a new light. The children in the photographs are mine. [Redacted].

Appendix 7 – Independent Learning and Intellectual Maturity
7.1 Research materials used to learn about childhood nutrition
This is a list of books and websites I’ve consulted that are related to childhood nutrition. [Redacted].

7.2 Research materials used to learn about photography and digital editing
This is a list of books and websites I’ve used to teach myself how to use my camera, how to express myself creatively through photography, how to pose children and families, and how to digitally edit my photos. I gained this learning as my passion for photography grew and went from a hobby to a career and business.

Appendix 8 – Applied Knowledge and Skills
1.2 Job Description
This job description for an Electronics Technician was taken from the website on [redacted]. The job description states that knowledge of electronics troubleshooting techniques as well as the ability to diagnose faults and repair electronic equipment is essential.

8.1 Reference Letter

This is a photograph I took at one of the first weddings I shot. It was a leap for me to move from photographing families to photographing weddings. I owned and operated [redacted]. It demonstrated that I had the skills, knowledge and ability to photograph such an important event.

8.2 Reference Letter

A reference letter [redacted]. I photographed this family many times before photographing her wedding. I owned and operated [redacted]. [redacted] had faith in me and asked me to photograph her wedding even though I’d only photographed children and families up to this point. This letter speaks to her experience with me as her photographer, and to her great satisfaction with her wedding photos.

Categorization of Learning Evidence 

Please note: Only additional evidence (evidence that hasn’t already been listed in the Demonstration of Learning Evidence) is listed here.

Appendix 9 – Photography

9.1 Business Card

This is the business car I used during the time I owned and operated [redacted[. I worked with a graphic designer to design my logo which was used on my business cards, on my website, and to watermark my photographs.

Appendix 10 – Volunteer Work

10.1 Sample page of preschool yearbook

This is a sample page of a yearbook I formatted. The preschool relied on the help of parent volunteers to take on jobs each year. The yearbook page demonstrated the work I did for the preschool and my commitment to the community.

10.2 Letter of appreciation

A reference letter [redacted] taught my children for 3 years in total and we developed an excellent relationship during this time. Her letter outlines the volunteer work I did for her class and the impact my volunteer work had on her and her class.

Appendix 11 – French Language

Evidence 11.1 – A list of websites and podcasts that I use to supplement my French learning.

This is a list of websites and podcasts that I’ve used to learn French language. I’ve been actively trying to learn French [redacted].

Appendix 12 – Marketing
Evidence 12.1 Sample of print marketing

This is an advertisement I designed to promote my photography business. I partnered with a local children’s clothing boutique The owner displayed my ad in store which allowed me to attract new clients. This advertisement
is a good example of the marketing skills I developed and the creative thinking I used to attract new clients.

12.2 Social media contest screenshot
This is an advertisement for a contest that I designed to use on social media [redacted]. The purpose of the contest was to grow my social media presence and reach as many potential clients as possible. [Redacted].